- In the Long RunFred and his five children live in a one bedroom house in Buswiga. Their compound, surrounded by plants and a few tall trees, didn’t have a functioning latrine. After a sensitization visit from VHT Betty (trained by UVP), Fred learned that the benefits of building a pit latrine would outweigh the costs. Enhancing his family’s sanitation and hygiene facilities would cost less in the long run, because he could spend far less money on illness-related medical bills. Empowered by this information, Fred decided to build a pit latrine for his family and UVP was there to provide support. Learn more about Fred in a recent blog post, where he shared his story with our team.
- More Than Just a Physical InjuryAt only 18 years old, Doreen has experienced her fair share of hardship: an arranged marriage, challenging labor, a stillborn child, and an obstetric fistula. Feeling lost, she attempted suicide. After learning about UVP and its fistula surgery camps, she started to regain hope. Doreen’s fistula was successfully repaired at Kamuli Mission Hospital, and UVP’s reintegration program played a pivotal role in helping her regain her physical and mental well-being.
- Women Just Like HerAt 40 years old, Khisa is always cracking jokes. Sitting outside the fistula ward at St. Anthony’s Hospital in Tororo, she sat down with Loy, UVP’s Assistant Director, to discuss the challenges of living with an obstetric fistula and her long path to healing. Despite her struggle, she hasn’t lost her sense of humor and optimism.
- 2022: Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
- 2021: Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
- 2020: Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
- 2019: Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
Most Popular Tags
adolescent reproductive health antiretroviral therapy ART ARV birth borehole Buswiga child Community complication Contraception family planning Fistula Fistula ambassador fistula treatment camp health education hiv/aids HIV testing injury ITN Kamuli Mission Hospital latrine malaria Miscarriage mosquito mosquito net mother pregnancy prevention prolonged labor reintegration Repair Surgery school sensitization St. Anthony stigma stillborn stillborn baby Tororo traditional birth attendant VHT WASH water Women youth